1 Peter Encouragement

Happy WedenesYAY! This week was a spectacular week and I hope yours was also. I was doing some late night dissecting in my Bible on Monday and stumbled upon 1 Peter. Peter is incredibly wise and encouraging and has written beautiful verses that I challenge you to memorize. Basically all of 1 Peter in my Bible is highlighted!

photo 2 (5)

“For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his foot steps.”-1 Peter 2:17

Break down:

Peter wrote this letter from Rome at around A.D. 62-64 during a time of crazy persecution. Peter wrote this letter to encourage the suffering believers in Rome and the Mediterranean world. After reading 1 Peter, I felt enlightened and ready to face whatever God had in store for me that day.( I encourage to read 1 Peter this week as a morning devotion :D)

Favorite Verses:

It has been extremely difficult to narrow down my favorite verses to just a few but if you want to read all of my favorite verses in 1 Peter, you might as well read the whole book! Anyway, 1 Peter 1:2-20 are great verses that refer to the hope of eternal life. Verse 3 of 1 Peter chapter 1, says that we are born again! How crazy is this? We are so, undeserving and ungrateful, yet Christ still renews our souls! 1 Peter 2 is a fabulous chapter and I especially loved 1 Peter 2:24- “By His wounds you are healed.”

Wow! That verse is super easy to memorize and very impactful, one of the verses that give me chills!

Chapters 4 and 5 of 1 Peter really hit the “we will suffer” topic, This week, despite the 95% of awesomeness, the other 5% of my week took extreme bravery. Verses 15-17 in chapter three of 1 Peter were super helpful to me. Basically, Peter is saying that people will put down and question your faith but you need to be ready to, no matter what, defend your faith and your brothers and sisters in Christ.


Hey Jesus! Thank you for being a God of grace and forgiveness! Thank you for loving me and caring for me no matter what happens. I pray that, for the rest of this week and the upcoming week, Lord, that you will help me to focus on your words and help me to realize that, I will suffer and I will not always be accepted for my faith but Lord, what you will give me in return is so much more than I can ever even fathom. Please give me the encouragement that I will need to finish this week out with a positive attitude and my heart filled with your love. And its in your wonderful son, Jesus’ name I pray, Amen (But the conversation is not over :D)

XOXO, The Christian Prepster



P.S Who else is counting down the days until summer?! 😊


One Comment Add yours

  1. Linda says:

    Beautifully written…you are special in God’s eyes!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s